19 December 2010

FR Clothing: The Introduction

Happy Sunday folks!

Today we're going to start what will become our first series. Today we will not actually be reviewing any of the FR clothing we have. Today I want to introduce you to the companies who have supplied products, and tell you a little bit about them. However, like me, i know you guys like to see pictures of the kit too so I snapped a couple so everyone could put some product with one of the companies.






















There will be three major labels we will be talking about over the course of the next year or so.
The first is Massif Mountain Gear



















DriFire



















And XGO




















Massif is a great company that has really just broke into the military market. They have great base layers, but also make really great jackets. They are also the only approved FR combat shirt by Team Soldier. Massif has a very technical line of protective clothing that continues to evolve as they get more and more input from the guys on the ground. Great products from a really good company!

DriFire is new for me. Getting spun up for deployment, we were just issued their entire base layer system; everything from boxer shorts, to really heavy weight undershirts. From their website, I see that they also have a number of other clothing options available. I look forward to checking out more from them.

XGO is a company whose products I have been wearing since last fall. They have advanced their products a lot since I was first issued their base layers a year ago. I spoke with their Director of Military and Federal Sales last week, and I had a box of samples on my door step this week. Their products have become a lot more technical in their fit and I am looking forward to taking these down range and sweating in them.

Stay tuned for the next chapter in the FR Clothing Series. There promises to be come really good pictures and information as the next year progresses. I will likely be uploading a number of before and after photos as well as video direct from the theater of operations. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Massif is a big cloths company that has really just broke into the military market. Its provides the Hi Vis Jackets make really comfortable and easy to wear. They are also the only approved FR combat shirt by Team Soldier. We provides protective clothing that continues to evolve as they get more and more input from the guys on the ground. Great products from a really good company!

    ReplyDelete